Thursday, September 11, 2008

Baker's Ribs




We had pizza for lunch today, so I decided to get some BBQ for dinner. There's a Baker's Ribs just a couple of doors down from the hotel, so that's where I headed. Figured if I ate dinner early enough that I could head to Dairy Queen for some ice cream later tonight. :)

Their menu is a little different than I'm used to, having spent my fair share of time at Sonny's and Woody's back home. Since they only had pulled pork, I prefer mine sliced, I finally settled on the pork ribs. The girl at the counter put a bottle of BBQ sauce on my tray, I'm used to having a selection of sauces on the table, so I asked, "Is that hot or sweet BBQ sauce." To which she responded, "It's just regular BBQ sauce." Gee, that was real helpful...thanks. ;)

The ribs were great...and the sauce turned out to be a little on the sweet side, just how I like it. So, if you find yourself in Garland, TX...and are in the mood for BBQ...stop by Baker's Ribs just off I-30.

5 comments:

janea64 said...

Gee, Pizza Hut offers pizza and bar-b-q all in one meal! Your two favorites in one day, you must be in Hog Heaven! LOL

janea64 said...

BTW What is the between the green beans (glad to see you getting some veggies!) and the ribs? I'm assuming that is "real" Texas toast on the side.

Forrest Egan said...

They're scallop potatoes...and you're right, that's Texas Toast!

Scoop said...

If they built a Baker's back home would you prefer it over Woody's?

Forrest Egan said...

They don't have sliced pork...just pulled pork...so I would still go to Woody's for that. But the ribs were great and it's a tough call...when Woody's has the All-You-Can-Eat then I would go to Woody's, otherwise I might be tempted to go to Baker's.