Friday, November 21, 2008

My 1st time in the snow...





As I drove into Rolling Prairie, IN last night I was following the single set of tire tracks through the snow at around 30 mph. Suddenly, there were vehicles in both lanes and traffic had crawled to 5 mph as they merged back into the right lane. Then I saw why...a pickup truck, flipped on its side, in the median, with emergency crews pulling it out. I had already decided, a few miles earlier, that I was going to pull off the road at the next exit...that scene sealed the deal for me.




So, I've been sitting at the Knute Rockne Plaza, on I-80 East, since last night. There's a few inches of snow on the ground...and it's still flurrying. The weather report is calling for up to an inch of snow per hour. Other vehicles are moving, some have been here since last night...since it's my first Winter driving this truck, I think I'm going to wait a little longer before I move out.


No comments: